Tuesday, June 2, 2020

How do I find the name of a song?



How do I find the name of a song that I only know a few letters (from)?

Doesn't it start to bother you after a while? Sure it makes me. I listen to a song and I really like the melody or the lyrics, but for one reason or another I can't find the name of the song. It may have already been announced by the DJ and he is sure he will not repeat it. Sometimes it is something much more nefarious and the composer instead of using the obvious lyrics for the title of his song has opted for some dark lyrics that are found only once in the song.
I have 'waited until the next break in the songs' hoping they will only say what has just been played, but all too often that has not happened. And if you're like me, there are times when I heard a song's name once but I can't remember it until the next time I hear it. I find it frustrating and just a little more annoyance that feels so good once you get over it.

What I've done here is put together a variety of resources I've found useful, along with some unconventional and unusual methods that may come in handy in your search for that Elusive Song Name. I hope it turns out to be of some value and maybe even makes you smile. With each resource there is a brief summary to help you eliminate the ones that are most likely to be beneficial to you.

Bored.com This is an interesting concept where you have the opportunity to play the rhythm of your song on your keyboard and have potential River Sultan song names suggested to you. There's even a short video tutorial on the site that guides you through the process. If the system does not know the name of your song, you can teach it to the system for the benefit of others. That could become a type of 'you against the system' game, which is the intention of the bored.com site. They seem to be in an undeclared war against boredom, a laudable goal if I've ever seen one.

Lyrster.com This site is one of the best, especially if it's a fairly mainstream song. I will also add that if you registered in the last fifty years and are over a year old, you will also be more successful in finding it. If the song you're looking for is from an extreme era or a dark cry from the Bleeding Daisies, then this may not be the best view for you. And sorry, I don't have your last album.

No comments:

Post a Comment